1. expression - noun
· the feelings expressed on a person's face; "a sad expression"; "a look of triumph"; "an angry face"
2. expression - noun
· expression without words; "tears are an expression of grief"; "the pulse is a reflection of the heart's condition"
3. expression - noun
· the communication (in speech or writing) of your beliefs or opinions; "expressions of good will"; "he helped me find verbal expression for my ideas"; "the idea was immediate but the verbalism took hours"
4. expression - noun
· a word or phrase that particular people use in particular situations; "pardon the expression"
5. expression - noun
· the style of expressing yourself; "he suggested a better formulation"; "his manner of expression showed how much he cared"
6. expression - noun
· a group of symbols that make a mathematical statement
7. expression - noun
· (genetics) the process of expressing a gene
8. expression - noun
· a group of words that form a constituent of a sentence and are considered as a single unit; "I concluded from his awkward constructions that he was a foreigner"
9. expression - noun
· the act of forcing something out by squeezing or pressing; "the expression of milk from her breast"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.