1. dissolve - noun
· (film) a gradual transition from one scene to the next; the next scene is gradually superimposed as the former scene fades out
2. dissolve - verb
· become weaker; "The sound faded out"
3. dissolve - verb
· cause to go into a solution; "The recipe says that we should dissolve a cup of sugar in two cups of water"
4. dissolve - verb
· come to an end; "Their marriage dissolved"; "The tobacco monopoly broke up"
5. dissolve - verb
· stop functioning or cohering as a unit; "The political wing of the party dissolved after much internal fighting"
6. dissolve - verb
· cause to lose control emotionally; "The news dissolved her into tears"
7. dissolve - verb
· lose control emotionally; "She dissolved into tears when she heard that she had lost all her savings in the pyramid scheme"
8. dissolve - verb
· cause to fade away; "dissolve a shot or a picture"
9. dissolve - verb
· pass into a solution; "The sugar quickly dissolved in the coffee"
10. dissolve - verb
· become or cause to become soft or liquid; "The sun melted the ice"; "the ice thawed"; "the ice cream melted"; "The heat melted the wax"; "The giant iceberg dissolved over the years during the global warming phase"; "dethaw the meat"
11. dissolve - verb
· bring the association of to an end or cause to break up; "The decree officially dissolved the marriage"; "the judge dissolved the tobacco company"
12. dissolve - verb
· declare void; "The President dissolved the parliament and called for new elections"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.