1. wave - noun
· one of a series of ridges that moves across the surface of a liquid (especially across a large body of water)
2. wave - noun
· a movement like that of a sudden occurrence or increase in a specified phenomenon; "a wave of settlers"; "troops advancing in waves"
3. wave - noun
· (physics) a movement up and down or back and forth
4. wave - noun
· something that rises rapidly; "a wave of emotion swept over him"; "there was a sudden wave of buying before the market closed"; "a wave of conservatism in the country led by the hard right"
5. wave - noun
· the act of signaling by a movement of the hand
6. wave - noun
· a hairdo that creates undulations in the hair
7. wave - noun
· an undulating curve
8. wave - noun
· a persistent and widespread unusual weather condition (especially of unusual temperatures); "a heat wave"
9. wave - noun
· a member of the women's reserve of the United States Navy; originally organized during World War II but now no longer a separate branch
10. wave - verb
· signal with the hands or nod; "She waved to her friends"; "He waved his hand hospitably"
11. wave - verb
· move or swing back and forth; "She waved her gun"
12. wave - verb
· move in a wavy pattern or with a rising and falling motion; "The curtains undulated"; "the waves rolled towards the beach"
13. wave - verb
· twist or roll into coils or ringlets; "curl my hair, please"
14. wave - verb
· set waves in; "she asked the hairdresser to wave her hair"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.