Dictionary Results for flourish|
1. flourish - noun
· a showy gesture; "she entered with a great flourish"
Hypernym(s): gesture, motion
2. flourish - noun
· an ornamental embellishment in writing
3. flourish - noun
· a display of ornamental speech or language
Hypernym(s): grandiosity, magniloquence, ornateness, grandiloquence, rhetoric
4. flourish - noun
· the act of waving
Hypernym(s): wave, waving, wafture
5. flourish - noun
· (music) a short lively tune played on brass instruments; "he entered to a flourish of trumpets"; "her arrival was greeted with a rousing fanfare"
Synonym(s): fanfare, tucket
Hypernym(s): tune, melody, air, strain, melodic_line, line, melodic_phrase
6. flourish - verb
· grow vigorously; "The deer population in this town is thriving"; "business is booming"
Synonym(s): boom, thrive, expand
7. flourish - verb
· make steady progress; be at the high point in one's career or reach a high point in historical significance or importance; "The new student is thriving"
Synonym(s): thrive, prosper, fly_high
Hypernym(s): change_state, turn
8. flourish - verb
· move or swing back and forth; "She waved her gun"
Synonym(s): brandish, wave
Hypernym(s): move, displace
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.