1. rise - noun
· a growth in strength or number or importance
2. rise - noun
· the act of changing location in an upward direction
3. rise - noun
· an upward slope or grade (as in a road); "the car couldn't make it up the rise"
4. rise - noun
· a movement upward; "they cheered the rise of the hot-air balloon"
5. rise - noun
· the amount a salary is increased; "he got a 3% raise"; "he got a wage hike"
6. rise - noun
· the property possessed by a slope or surface that rises
7. rise - noun
· a wave that lifts the surface of the water or ground
8. rise - noun
· (theology) the origination of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost; "the emanation of the Holy Spirit"; "the rising of the Holy Ghost"; "the doctrine of the procession of the Holy Spirit from the Father and the Son"
9. rise - noun
· an increase in cost; "they asked for a 10% rise in rates"
10. rise - noun
· increase in price or value; "the news caused a general advance on the stock market"
11. rise - verb
· move upward; "The fog lifted"; "The smoke arose from the forest fire"; "The mist uprose from the meadows"
12. rise - verb
· increase in value or to a higher point; "prices climbed steeply"; "the value of our house rose sharply last year"
13. rise - verb
· rise to one's feet; "The audience got up and applauded"
14. rise - verb
· rise up; "The building rose before them"
15. rise - verb
· come to the surface
16. rise - verb
· come into existence; take on form or shape; "A new religious movement originated in that country"; "a love that sprang up from friendship"; "the idea for the book grew out of a short story"; "An interesting phenomenon uprose"
17. rise - verb
· move to a better position in life or to a better job; "She ascended from a life of poverty to one of great renown"
18. rise - verb
· go up or advance; "Sales were climbing after prices were lowered"
19. rise - verb
· become more extreme; "The tension heightened"
20. rise - verb
· get up and out of bed; "I get up at 7 A.M. every day"; "They rose early"; "He uprose at night"
21. rise - verb
· rise in rank or status; "Her new novel jumped high on the bestseller list"
22. rise - verb
· become heartened or elated; "Her spirits rose when she heard the good news"
23. rise - verb
· exert oneself to meet a challenge; "rise to a challenge"; "rise to the occasion"
24. rise - verb
· take part in a rebellion; renounce a former allegiance
25. rise - verb
· increase in volume; "the dough rose slowly in the warm room"
26. rise - verb
· come up, of celestial bodies; "The sun also rises"; "The sun uprising sees the dusk night fled..."; "Jupiter ascends"
27. rise - verb
· return from the dead; "Christ is risen!"; "The dead are to uprise"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.