Dictionary Results for curl|
1. curl - noun
· a round shape formed by a series of concentric circles (as formed by leaves or flower petals)
Synonym(s): coil, whorl, roll, curlicue, ringlet, gyre, scroll
2. curl - noun
· American chemist who with Richard Smalley and Harold Kroto discovered fullerenes and opened a new branch of chemistry (born in 1933)
Synonym(s): Curl, Robert_Curl, Robert_F._Curl, Robert_Floyd_Curl_Jr.
3. curl - noun
· a strand or cluster of hair
Synonym(s): lock, ringlet, whorl
4. curl - verb
· form a curl, curve, or kink; "the cigar smoke curled up at the ceiling"
Synonym(s): curve, kink
5. curl - verb
· shape one's body into a curl; "She curled farther down under the covers"; "She fell and drew in"
Synonym(s): curl_up, draw_in
Hypernym(s): bend, flex
6. curl - verb
· wind around something in coils or loops
Synonym(s): coil, loop
Hypernym(s): wind, wrap, roll, twine
7. curl - verb
· twist or roll into coils or ringlets; "curl my hair, please"
8. curl - verb
· play the Scottish game of curling
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.