Dictionary Results for tube|
1. tube - noun
· conduit consisting of a long hollow object (usually cylindrical) used to hold and conduct objects or liquids or gases
2. tube - noun
· electronic device consisting of a system of electrodes arranged in an evacuated glass or metal envelope
Synonym(s): vacuum_tube, thermionic_vacuum_tube, thermionic_tube, electron_tube, thermionic_valve
3. tube - noun
· a hollow cylindrical shape
4. tube - noun
· (anatomy) any hollow cylindrical body structure
Hypernym(s): structure, anatomical_structure, complex_body_part, bodily_structure, body_structure
5. tube - noun
· an electric railway operating below the surface of the ground (usually in a city); "in Paris the subway system is called the `metro' and in London it is called the `tube' or the `underground'"
Synonym(s): metro, underground, subway_system, subway
Hypernym(s): railway, railroad, railroad_line, railway_line, railway_system
6. tube - verb
· provide with a tube or insert a tube into
Hypernym(s): supply, provide, render, furnish
7. tube - verb
· convey in a tube; "inside Paris, they used to tube mail"
Hypernym(s): bring, convey, take
8. tube - verb
· ride or float on an inflated tube; "We tubed down the river on a hot summer day"
9. tube - verb
· place or enclose in a tube
Hypernym(s): envelop, enfold, enwrap, wrap, enclose
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.