Dictionary Results for spark|
1. spark - noun
· a momentary flash of light
Synonym(s): flicker, glint
2. spark - noun
· merriment expressed by a brightness or gleam or animation of countenance; "he had a sparkle in his eye"; "there's a perpetual twinkle in his eyes"
Synonym(s): sparkle, twinkle, light
Hypernym(s): vitality, verve, expression, look, aspect, facial_expression, face
3. spark - noun
· electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field
Synonym(s): discharge, arc, electric_arc, electric_discharge
4. spark - noun
· a small but noticeable trace of some quality that might become stronger; "a spark of interest"; "a spark of decency"
Hypernym(s): trace, hint, tint, suggestion
5. spark - noun
· Scottish writer of satirical novels (born in 1918)
Synonym(s): Spark, Muriel_Spark, Dame_Muriel_Spark, Muriel_Sarah_Spark
6. spark - noun
· a small fragment of a burning substance thrown out by burning material or by friction
7. spark - verb
· put in motion or move to act; "trigger a reaction"; "actuate the circuits"
Synonym(s): trip, actuate, trigger, activate, set_off, spark_off, trigger_off, touch_off
Hypernym(s): initiate, pioneer
8. spark - verb
· emit or produce sparks; "A high tension wire, brought down by a storm, can continue to spark"
Hypernym(s): emit, give_out, give_off
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.