Dictionary Results for expression|
1. expression - noun
· the feelings expressed on a person's face; "a sad expression"; "a look of triumph"; "an angry face"
Synonym(s): look, aspect, facial_expression, face
Hypernym(s): countenance, visage
2. expression - noun
· expression without words; "tears are an expression of grief"; "the pulse is a reflection of the heart's condition"
Synonym(s): manifestation, reflection, reflexion
Hypernym(s): demonstration, demo
3. expression - noun
· the communication (in speech or writing) of your beliefs or opinions; "expressions of good will"; "he helped me find verbal expression for my ideas"; "the idea was immediate but the verbalism took hours"
Synonym(s): verbal_expression, verbalism
Hypernym(s): communication, communicating
4. expression - noun
· a word or phrase that particular people use in particular situations; "pardon the expression"
Synonym(s): saying, locution
Hypernym(s): speech, speech_communication, spoken_communication, spoken_language, language, voice_communication, oral_communication
5. expression - noun
· the style of expressing yourself; "he suggested a better formulation"; "his manner of expression showed how much he cared"
Hypernym(s): expressive_style, style
6. expression - noun
· a group of symbols that make a mathematical statement
7. expression - noun
· (genetics) the process of expressing a gene
Hypernym(s): organic_process, biological_process
8. expression - noun
· a group of words that form a constituent of a sentence and are considered as a single unit; "I concluded from his awkward constructions that he was a foreigner"
Synonym(s): construction, grammatical_construction
Hypernym(s): constituent, grammatical_constituent
9. expression - noun
· the act of forcing something out by squeezing or pressing; "the expression of milk from her breast"
Hypernym(s): squeeze, squeezing
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.