Dictionary Results for speech|
1. speech - noun
· the act of delivering a formal spoken communication to an audience; "he listened to an address on minor Roman poets"
2. speech - noun
· (language) communication by word of mouth; "his speech was garbled"; "he uttered harsh language"; "he recorded the spoken language of the streets"
Synonym(s): speech_communication, spoken_communication, spoken_language, language, voice_communication, oral_communication
3. speech - noun
· something spoken; "he could hear them uttering merry speeches"
Hypernym(s): utterance, vocalization
4. speech - noun
· the exchange of spoken words; "they were perfectly comfortable together without speech"
Hypernym(s): speaking, speech_production
5. speech - noun
· your characteristic style or manner of expressing yourself orally; "his manner of speaking was quite abrupt"; "her speech was barren of southernisms"; "I detected a slight accent in his speech"
Synonym(s): manner_of_speaking, delivery
Hypernym(s): expressive_style, style
6. speech - noun
· a lengthy rebuke; "a good lecture was my father's idea of discipline"; "the teacher gave him a talking to"
Synonym(s): lecture, talking_to
Hypernym(s): rebuke, reproof, reproval, reprehension, reprimand
7. speech - noun
· words making up the dialogue of a play; "the actor forgot his speech"
Synonym(s): actor%27s_line, words
8. speech - noun
· the mental faculty or power of vocal communication; "language sets homo sapiens apart from all other animals"
Hypernym(s): faculty, mental_faculty, module
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.