Dictionary Results for trip|
1. trip - noun
· a journey for some purpose (usually including the return); "he took a trip to the shopping center"
Hypernym(s): journey, journeying
2. trip - noun
· a hallucinatory experience induced by drugs; "an acid trip"
3. trip - noun
· an accidental misstep threatening (or causing) a fall; "he blamed his slip on the ice"; "the jolt caused many slips and a few spills"
Hypernym(s): mishap, misadventure, mischance
4. trip - noun
· an exciting or stimulating experience
5. trip - noun
· a catch mechanism that acts as a switch; "the pressure activates the tripper and releases the water"
Hypernym(s): catch, stop
6. trip - noun
· a light or nimble tread; "he heard the trip of women's feet overhead"
7. trip - noun
· an unintentional but embarrassing blunder; "he recited the whole poem without a single trip"; "he arranged his robes to avoid a trip-up later"; "confusion caused his unfortunate misstep"
Synonym(s): trip-up, stumble, misstep
Hypernym(s): blunder, blooper, bloomer, bungle, pratfall, foul-up, fuckup, flub, botch, boner, boo-boo
8. trip - verb
· miss a step and fall or nearly fall; "She stumbled over the tree root"
9. trip - verb
· cause to stumble; "The questions on the test tripped him up"
10. trip - verb
· make a trip for pleasure
Synonym(s): travel, jaunt
11. trip - verb
· put in motion or move to act; "trigger a reaction"; "actuate the circuits"
Synonym(s): actuate, trigger, activate, set_off, spark_off, spark, trigger_off, touch_off
Hypernym(s): initiate, pioneer
12. trip - verb
· get high, stoned, or drugged; "He trips every weekend"
Synonym(s): trip_out, turn_on, get_off
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.