Dictionary Results for smash|
1. smash - noun
· a vigorous blow; "the sudden knock floored him"; "he took a bash right in his face"; "he got a bang on the head"
Synonym(s): knock, bash, bang, belt
Hypernym(s): blow, bump
2. smash - noun
· a serious collision (especially of motor vehicles)
3. smash - noun
· a hard return hitting the tennis ball above your head
4. smash - noun
· the act of colliding with something; "his crash through the window"; "the fullback's smash into the defensive line"
Hypernym(s): hit, hitting, striking
5. smash - noun
· a conspicuous success; "that song was his first hit and marked the beginning of his career"; "that new Broadway show is a real smasher"; "the party went with a bang"
Synonym(s): hit, smasher, strike, bang
6. smash - verb
· hit hard; "He smashed a 3-run homer"
Synonym(s): nail, boom, blast
7. smash - verb
· break into pieces, as by striking or knocking over; "Smash a plate"
8. smash - verb
· reduce to bankruptcy; "My daughter's fancy wedding is going to break me!"; "The slump in the financial markets smashed him"
Synonym(s): bankrupt, ruin, break
9. smash - verb
· hit violently; "She smashed her car against the guard rail"
Hypernym(s): hit, strike
10. smash - verb
· humiliate or depress completely; "She was crushed by his refusal of her invitation"; "The death of her son smashed her"
Hypernym(s): humiliate, mortify, chagrin, humble, abase
11. smash - verb
· damage or destroy as if by violence; "The teenager banged up the car of his mother"
Synonym(s): bang_up, smash_up
12. smash - verb
· hit (a tennis ball) in a powerful overhead stroke
13. smash - verb
· collide or strike violently and suddenly; "The motorcycle smashed into the guard rail"
Hypernym(s): collide, clash
14. smash - verb
· overthrow or destroy (something considered evil or harmful); "The police smashed the drug ring after they were tipped off"
Hypernym(s): demolish, destroy
15. smash - verb
· break suddenly into pieces, as from a violent blow; "The window smashed"
Hypernym(s): break, separate, split_up, fall_apart, come_apart
16. smash - adverb
· with a loud crash; "the car went smash through the fence"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.