Dictionary Results for belt|
1. belt - noun
· endless loop of flexible material between two rotating shafts or pulleys
2. belt - noun
· a band to tie or buckle around the body (usually at the waist)
Hypernym(s): accessory, accoutrement, accouterment
3. belt - noun
· an elongated region where a specific condition or characteristic is found; "a belt of high pressure"
Hypernym(s): region, part
4. belt - noun
· a vigorous blow; "the sudden knock floored him"; "he took a bash right in his face"; "he got a bang on the head"
Synonym(s): knock, bash, bang, smash
Hypernym(s): blow, bump
5. belt - noun
· a path or strip (as cut by one course of mowing)
Hypernym(s): path, track, course
6. belt - noun
· ammunition (usually of small caliber) loaded in flexible linked strips for use in a machine gun
Synonym(s): belt_ammunition, belted_ammunition
Hypernym(s): ammunition, ammo
7. belt - noun
· the act of hitting vigorously; "he gave the table a whack"
Synonym(s): knock, rap, whack, whang
8. belt - verb
· sing loudly and forcefully
9. belt - verb
· deliver a blow to; "He belted his opponent"
10. belt - verb
· fasten with a belt; "belt your trousers"
Hypernym(s): fasten, fix, secure
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.