Dictionary Results for saving|
1. saving - noun
· an act of economizing; reduction in cost; "it was a small economy to walk to work every day"; "there was a saving of 50 cents"
2. saving - noun
· recovery or preservation from loss or danger; "work is the deliverance of mankind"; "a surgeon's job is the saving of lives"
Synonym(s): rescue, deliverance, delivery
Hypernym(s): recovery, retrieval
3. saving - noun
· the activity of protecting something from loss or danger
4. save - verb
· save from ruin, destruction, or harm
Synonym(s): salvage, salve, relieve
Hypernym(s): rescue, deliver
5. save - verb
· to keep up and reserve for personal or special use; "She saved the old family photographs in a drawer"
Hypernym(s): keep, hold_on
6. save - verb
· bring into safety; "We pulled through most of the victims of the bomb attack"
Synonym(s): carry_through, pull_through, bring_through
7. save - verb
· spend less; buy at a reduced price
8. save - verb
· accumulate money for future use; "He saves half his salary"
Synonym(s): lay_aside, save_up
9. save - verb
· make unnecessary an expenditure or effort; "This will save money"; "I'll save you the trouble"; "This will save you a lot of time"
Hypernym(s): prevent, forestall, foreclose, preclude, forbid
10. save - verb
· save from sins
Synonym(s): deliver, redeem
11. save - verb
· refrain from harming
Hypernym(s): refrain, forbear
12. save - verb
· spend sparingly, avoid the waste of; "This move will save money"; "The less fortunate will have to economize now"
Synonym(s): economize, economise
Hypernym(s): spend, expend, drop
13. save - verb
· retain rights to; "keep my job for me while I give birth"; "keep my seat, please"; "keep open the possibility of a merger"
Synonym(s): keep_open, hold_open, keep
Hypernym(s): reserve, hold, book
14. save - verb
· record data on a computer; "boot-up instructions are written on the hard disk"
Hypernym(s): record, tape
15. saving - adjective
· bringing about salvation or redemption from sin; "saving faith"; "redemptive (or redeeming) love"
Synonym(s): redemptive, redeeming
16. saving - adjective
· characterized by thriftiness; "wealthy by inheritance but saving by constitution"- Ellen Glasgow
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.