Dictionary Results for poke|
1. poke - noun
· tall coarse perennial American herb having small white flowers followed by blackish-red berries on long drooping racemes; young fleshy stems are edible; berries and root are poisonous
Synonym(s): pigeon_berry, garget, scoke, Phytolacca_americana
2. poke - noun
· someone who takes more time than necessary; someone who lags behind
Synonym(s): dawdler, drone, laggard, lagger, trailer
Hypernym(s): idler, loafer, do-nothing, layabout, bum
3. poke - noun
· a bag made of paper or plastic for holding customer's purchases
Synonym(s): sack, paper_bag, carrier_bag
4. poke - noun
· a sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow); "he warned me with a jab with his finger"; "he made a thrusting motion with his fist"
Synonym(s): jab, jabbing, poking, thrust, thrusting
5. poke - noun
· (boxing) a blow with the fist; "I gave him a clout on his nose"
Synonym(s): punch, clout, lick, biff, slug
6. poke - verb
· poke or thrust abruptly; "he jabbed his finger into her ribs"
Synonym(s): jab, prod, stab, dig
7. poke - verb
· search or inquire in a meddlesome way; "This guy is always nosing around the office"
Synonym(s): intrude, horn_in, pry, nose
Hypernym(s): search, look
8. poke - verb
· stir by poking; "poke the embers in the fireplace"
Hypernym(s): agitate, vex, disturb, commove, shake_up, stir_up, raise_up
9. poke - verb
· hit hard with the hand, fist, or some heavy instrument; "the salesman pounded the door knocker"; "a bible-thumping Southern Baptist"
Synonym(s): thump, pound
10. poke - verb
· make a hole by poking
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.