Dictionary Results for nose|
1. nose - noun
· the organ of smell and entrance to the respiratory tract; the prominent part of the face of man or other mammals; "he has a cold in the nose"
2. nose - noun
· a front that resembles a human nose (especially the front of an aircraft); "the nose of the rocket heated up on reentry"
3. nose - noun
· the front or forward projection of a tool or weapon; "he ducked under the nose of the gun"
4. nose - noun
· a small distance; "my horse lost the race by a nose"
Hypernym(s): small_indefinite_quantity, small_indefinite_amount
5. nose - noun
· a symbol of inquisitiveness; "keep your nose out of it"
6. nose - noun
· the sense of smell (especially in animals); "the hound has a good nose"
Hypernym(s): smell, sense_of_smell, olfaction, olfactory_modality
7. nose - noun
· a natural skill; "he has a nose for good deals"
Hypernym(s): skill, science
8. nose - noun
· a projecting spout from which a fluid is discharged
9. nose - verb
· search or inquire in a meddlesome way; "This guy is always nosing around the office"
Synonym(s): intrude, horn_in, pry, poke
Hypernym(s): search, look
10. nose - verb
· advance the forward part of with caution; "She nosed the car into the left lane"
Hypernym(s): advance, bring_forward
11. nose - verb
· catch the scent of; get wind of; "The dog nosed out the drugs"
Synonym(s): scent, wind
12. nose - verb
· push or move with the nose
Hypernym(s): push, force
13. nose - verb
· rub noses
Hypernym(s): caress, fondle
14. nose - verb
· defeat by a narrow margin
Hypernym(s): get_the_better_of, overcome, defeat
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.