Dictionary Results for slug|
1. slug - noun
· a projectile that is fired from a gun
Hypernym(s): projectile, missile
2. slug - noun
· a unit of mass equal to the mass that accelerates at 1 foot/sec/sec when acted upon by a force of 1 pound; approximately 14.5939 kilograms
3. slug - noun
· a counterfeit coin
4. slug - noun
· an idle slothful person
Hypernym(s): idler, loafer, do-nothing, layabout, bum
5. slug - noun
· an amount of an alcoholic drink (usually liquor) that is poured or gulped; "he took a slug of hard liquor"
Hypernym(s): alcohol, alcoholic_drink, alcoholic_beverage, intoxicant, inebriant
6. slug - noun
· a strip of type metal used for spacing
7. slug - noun
· any of various terrestrial gastropods having an elongated slimy body and no external shell
Hypernym(s): gastropod, univalve
8. slug - noun
· (boxing) a blow with the fist; "I gave him a clout on his nose"
Synonym(s): punch, clout, poke, lick, biff
9. slug - verb
· strike heavily, especially with the fist or a bat; "He slugged me so hard that I passed out"
Synonym(s): slog, swig
10. slug - verb
· be idle; exist in a changeless situation; "The old man sat and stagnated on his porch"; "He slugged in bed all morning"
Synonym(s): idle, laze, stagnate
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.