Dictionary Results for hunt|
1. hunt - noun
· Englishman and Pre-Raphaelite painter (1827-1910)
Synonym(s): Hunt, Holman_Hunt, William_Holman_Hunt
2. hunt - noun
· United States architect (1827-1895)
Synonym(s): Hunt, Richard_Morris_Hunt
3. hunt - noun
· British writer who defended the Romanticism of Keats and Shelley (1784-1859)
Synonym(s): Hunt, Leigh_Hunt, James_Henry_Leigh_Hunt
4. hunt - noun
· an association of huntsmen who hunt for sport
Hypernym(s): club, social_club, society, guild, gild, lodge, order
5. hunt - noun
· an instance of searching for something; "the hunt for submarines"
6. hunt - noun
· the activity of looking thoroughly in order to find something or someone
Synonym(s): search, hunting
7. hunt - noun
· the work of finding and killing or capturing animals for food or pelts
Hypernym(s): labor, labour, toil
8. hunt - noun
· the pursuit and killing or capture of wild animals regarded as a sport
Hypernym(s): outdoor_sport, field_sport, blood_sport
9. hunt - verb
· pursue for food or sport (as of wild animals); "Goering often hunted wild boars in Poland"; "The dogs are running deer"; "The Duke hunted in these woods"
Synonym(s): run, hunt_down, track_down
Hypernym(s): capture, catch
10. hunt - verb
· pursue or chase relentlessly; "The hunters traced the deer into the woods"; "the detectives hounded the suspect until they found him"
Synonym(s): hound, trace
Hypernym(s): chase, chase_after, trail, tail, tag, give_chase, dog, go_after, track
11. hunt - verb
· chase away, with as with force; "They hunted the unwanted immigrants out of the neighborhood"
Hypernym(s): rout_out, drive_out, force_out, rouse
12. hunt - verb
· yaw back and forth about a flight path; "the plane's nose yawed"
13. hunt - verb
· oscillate about a desired speed, position, or state to an undesirable extent; "The oscillator hunts about the correct frequency"
Hypernym(s): oscillate, vibrate
14. hunt - verb
· seek, search for; "She hunted for her reading glasses but was unable to locate them"
Hypernym(s): search, seek, look_for
15. hunt - verb
· search (an area) for prey; "The King used to hunt these forests"
Hypernym(s): search, look
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.