Dictionary Results for fixed|
1. fix - verb
· restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; "She repaired her TV set"; "Repair my shoes please"
Synonym(s): repair, mend, bushel, doctor, furbish_up, restore, touch_on
Hypernym(s): better, improve, amend, ameliorate, meliorate
2. fix - verb
· cause to be firmly attached; "fasten the lock onto the door"; "she fixed her gaze on the man"
Synonym(s): fasten, secure
3. fix - verb
· decide upon or fix definitely; "fix the variables"; "specify the parameters"
Synonym(s): specify, set, determine, define, limit
Hypernym(s): choose, take, select, pick_out
4. fix - verb
· prepare for eating by applying heat; "Cook me dinner, please"; "can you make me an omelette?"; "fix breakfast for the guests, please"
Synonym(s): cook, ready, make, prepare
Hypernym(s): create_from_raw_material, create_from_raw_stuff
5. fix - verb
· take vengeance on or get even; "We'll get them!"; "That'll fix him good!"; "This time I got him"
Synonym(s): pay_back, pay_off, get
Hypernym(s): get_even, get_back
6. fix - verb
· set or place definitely; "Let's fix the date for the party!"
Hypernym(s): establish, found, plant, constitute, institute
7. fix - verb
· kill, preserve, and harden (tissue) in order to prepare for microscopic study
Hypernym(s): fix, prepare, set_up, ready, gear_up, set
8. fix - verb
· make fixed, stable or stationary; "let's fix the picture to the frame"
9. fix - verb
· make infertile; "in some countries, people with genetically transmissible disabilites are sterilized"
Synonym(s): sterilize, sterilise, desex, unsex, desexualize, desexualise
Hypernym(s): operate_on, operate
10. fix - verb
· influence an event or its outcome by illegal means; "fix a race"
Hypernym(s): influence, act_upon, work
11. fix - verb
· put (something somewhere) firmly; "She posited her hand on his shoulder"; "deposit the suitcase on the bench"; "fix your eyes on this spot"
Synonym(s): situate, posit, deposit
Hypernym(s): put, set, place, pose, position, lay
12. fix - verb
· make ready or suitable or equip in advance for a particular purpose or for some use, event, etc; "Get the children ready for school!"; "prepare for war"; "I was fixing to leave town after I paid the hotel bill"
Synonym(s): prepare, set_up, ready, gear_up, set
Hypernym(s): change, alter, modify
13. fixed - adjective
· (of a number) having a fixed and unchanging value
14. fixed - adjective
· fixed and unmoving; "with eyes set in a fixed glassy stare"; "his bearded face already has a set hollow look"- Connor Cruise O'Brien; "a face rigid with pain"
Synonym(s): set, rigid
15. fixed - adjective
· securely placed or fastened or set; "a fixed piece of wood"; "a fixed resistor"
16. fixed - adjective
· incapable of being changed or moved or undone; e.g. "frozen prices"; "living on fixed incomes"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.