Dictionary Results for frozen|
1. freeze - verb
· stop moving or become immobilized; "When he saw the police car he froze"
2. freeze - verb
· change to ice; "The water in the bowl froze"
Hypernym(s): change_state, turn
3. freeze - verb
· be cold; "I could freeze to death in this office when the air conditioning is turned on"
4. freeze - verb
· cause to freeze; "Freeze the leftover food"
Hypernym(s): change, alter, modify
5. freeze - verb
· stop a process or a habit by imposing a freeze on it; "Suspend the aid to the war-torn country"
Hypernym(s): interrupt, break
6. freeze - verb
· be very cold, below the freezing point; "It is freezing in Kalamazoo"
7. freeze - verb
· change from a liquid to a solid when cold; "Water freezes at 32 degrees Fahrenheit"
Synonym(s): freeze_out, freeze_down
8. freeze - verb
· prohibit the conversion or use of (assets); "Blocked funds"; "Freeze the assets of this hostile government"
Synonym(s): block, immobilize, immobilise
Hypernym(s): withhold, keep_back
9. freeze - verb
· anesthetize by cold
Hypernym(s): anesthetize, anaesthetize, anesthetise, anaesthetise, put_under, put_out
10. freeze - verb
· suddenly behave coldly and formally; "She froze when she saw her ex-husband"
Hypernym(s): act, behave, do
11. frozen - adjective
· turned into ice; affected by freezing or by long and severe cold; "the frozen North"; "frozen pipes"; "children skating on a frozen brook"
12. frozen - adjective
· absolutely still; "frozen with horror"; "they stood rooted in astonishment"
Synonym(s): rooted, stock-still
13. frozen - adjective
· devoid of warmth and cordiality; expressive of unfriendliness or disdain; "a frigid greeting"; "got a frosty reception"; "a frozen look on their faces"; "a glacial handshake"; "icy stare"; "wintry smile"
Synonym(s): frigid, frosty, glacial, icy, wintry
14. frozen - adjective
· not thawed
15. frozen - adjective
· (used of foods) preserved by freezing sufficiently rapidly to retain flavor and nutritional value; "frozen foods"
Synonym(s): flash-frozen, quick-frozen
16. frozen - adjective
· not convertible to cash; "frozen assets"
17. frozen - adjective
· incapable of being changed or moved or undone; e.g. "frozen prices"; "living on fixed incomes"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.