Dictionary Results for Mass|
1. Mass - noun
· the property of a body that causes it to have weight in a gravitational field
Hypernym(s): fundamental_quantity, fundamental_measure, physical_property
2. Mass - noun
· (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent; "a batch of letters"; "a deal of trouble"; "a lot of money"; "he made a mint on the stock market"; "see the rest of the winners in our huge passel of photos"; "it must have cost plenty"; "a slew of journalists"; "a wad of money"
Synonym(s): batch, deal, flock, good_deal, great_deal, hatful, heap, lot, mass, mess, mickle, mint, mountain, muckle, passel, peck, pile, plenty, pot, quite_a_little, raft, sight, slew, spate, stack, tidy_sum, wad
Hypernym(s): large_indefinite_quantity, large_indefinite_amount
3. Mass - noun
· an ill-structured collection of similar things (objects or people)
Hypernym(s): collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
4. Mass - noun
· (Roman Catholic Church and Protestant Churches) the celebration of the Eucharist
Hypernym(s): religious_ceremony, religious_ritual
5. Mass - noun
· a body of matter without definite shape; "a huge ice mass"
6. Mass - noun
· the common people generally; "separate the warriors from the mass"; "power to the people"
Synonym(s): multitude, masses, mass, hoi_polloi, people, the_great_unwashed
Hypernym(s): group, grouping
7. Mass - noun
· the property of something that is great in magnitude; "it is cheaper to buy it in bulk"; "he received a mass of correspondence"; "the volume of exports"
Synonym(s): bulk, mass, volume
8. Mass - noun
· a musical setting for a Mass; "they played a Mass composed by Beethoven"
Hypernym(s): religious_music, church_music
9. Mass - noun
· a sequence of prayers constituting the Christian Eucharistic rite; "the priest said Mass"
10. Mass - verb
· join together into a mass or collect or form a mass; "Crowds were massing outside the palace"
Hypernym(s): crowd, crowd_together
11. Mass - adjective
· formed of separate units gathered into a mass or whole; "aggregate expenses include expenses of all divisions combined for the entire year"; "the aggregated amount of indebtedness"
Synonym(s): aggregate, aggregated, aggregative, mass
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.