1. unit - noun
· any division of quantity accepted as a standard of measurement or exchange; "the dollar is the United States unit of currency"; "a unit of wheat is a bushel"; "change per unit volume"
2. unit - noun
· an individual or group or structure or other entity regarded as a structural or functional constituent of a whole; "the reduced the number of units and installations"; "the word is a basic linguistic unit"
3. unit - noun
· an organization regarded as part of a larger social group; "the coach said the offensive unit did a good job"; "after the battle the soldier had trouble rejoining his unit"
4. unit - noun
· a single undivided whole; "an idea is not a unit that can be moved from one brain to another"
5. unit - noun
· a single undivided natural thing occurring in the composition of something else; "units of nucleic acids"
6. unit - noun
· an assemblage of parts that is regarded as a single entity; "how big is that part compared to the whole?"; "the team is a unit"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.