1. smell - noun
· the sensation that results when olfactory receptors in the nose are stimulated by particular chemicals in gaseous form; "she loved the smell of roses"
2. smell - noun
· any property detected by the olfactory system
3. smell - noun
· the general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people; "the feel of the city excited him"; "a clergyman improved the tone of the meeting"; "it had the smell of treason"
4. smell - noun
· the faculty that enables us to distinguish scents
5. smell - noun
· the act of perceiving the odor of something
6. smell - verb
· inhale the odor of; perceive by the olfactory sense
7. smell - verb
· emit an odor; "The soup smells good"
8. smell - verb
· smell bad; "He rarely washes, and he smells"
9. smell - verb
· have an element suggestive (of something); "his speeches smacked of racism"; "this passage smells of plagiarism"
10. smell - verb
· become aware of not through the senses but instinctively; "I sense his hostility"; "I smell trouble"; "smell out corruption"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.