1. promise - verb
· make a promise or commitment
2. promise - verb
· promise to undertake or give; "I promise you my best effort"
3. promise - verb
· make a prediction about; tell in advance; "Call the outcome of an election"
4. promise - verb
· give grounds for expectations; "The new results were promising"; "The results promised fame and glory"
5. promising - adjective
· showing possibility of achievement or excellence; "a promising young man"
6. promising - adjective
· likely to turn out well in the future; "had a bright future in publishing"; "the scandal threatened an abrupt end to a promising political career"; "a hopeful new singer on Broadway"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.