1. distress - noun
· psychological suffering; "the death of his wife caused him great distress"
2. distress - noun
· a state of adversity (danger or affliction or need); "a ship in distress"; "she was the classic maiden in distress"
3. distress - noun
· extreme physical pain; "the patient appeared to be in distress"
4. distress - noun
· the seizure and holding of property as security for payment of a debt or satisfaction of a claim; "Originally distress was a landlord's remedy against a tenant for unpaid rents or property damage but now the landlord is given a landlord's lien"
5. distress - verb
· bring into difficulties or distress, especially financial hardship
6. distress - verb
· cause mental pain to; "The news of her child's illness distressed the mother"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.