Dictionary Results for want|
1. want - noun
· a state of extreme poverty
Synonym(s): privation, deprivation, neediness
Hypernym(s): poverty, poorness, impoverishment
2. want - noun
· the state of needing something that is absent or unavailable; "there is a serious lack of insight into the problem"; "water is the critical deficiency in desert regions"; "for want of a nail the shoe was lost"
Synonym(s): lack, deficiency
Hypernym(s): need, demand
3. want - noun
· anything that is necessary but lacking; "he had sufficient means to meet his simple needs"; "I tried to supply his wants"
Hypernym(s): necessity, essential, requirement, requisite, necessary
4. want - noun
· a specific feeling of desire; "he got his wish"; "he was above all wishing and desire"
Synonym(s): wish, wishing
5. want - verb
· feel or have a desire for; want strongly; "I want to go home now"; "I want my own room"
6. want - verb
· have need of; "This piano wants the attention of a competent tuner"
Synonym(s): need, require
7. want - verb
· hunt or look for; want for a particular reason; "Your former neighbor is wanted by the FBI"; "Uncle Sam wants you"
Hypernym(s): search, seek, look_for
8. want - verb
· wish or demand the presence of; "I want you here at noon!"
9. want - verb
· be without, lack; be deficient in; "want courtesy"; "want the strength to go on living"; "flood victims wanting food and shelter"
Hypernym(s): miss, lack
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.