1. title - noun
· a heading that names a statute or legislative bill; may give a brief summary of the matters it deals with; "Title 8 provided federal help for schools"
2. title - noun
· the name of a work of art or literary composition etc.; "he looked for books with the word `jazz' in the title"; "he refused to give titles to his paintings"; "I can never remember movie titles"
3. title - noun
· a general or descriptive heading for a section of a written work; "the novel had chapter titles"
4. title - noun
· the status of being a champion; "he held the title for two years"
5. title - noun
· a legal document signed and sealed and delivered to effect a transfer of property and to show the legal right to possess it; "he signed the deed"; "he kept the title to his car in the glove compartment"
6. title - noun
· an identifying appellation signifying status or function: e.g. `Mr.' or `General'; "the professor didn't like his friends to use his formal title"
7. title - noun
· an established or recognized right; "a strong legal claim to the property"; "he had no documents confirming his title to his father's estate"; "he staked his claim"
8. title - noun
· (usually plural) written material introduced into a movie or TV show to give credits or represent dialogue or explain an action; "the titles go by faster than I can read"
9. title - noun
· an appellation signifying nobility; "`your majesty' is the appropriate title to use in addressing a king"
10. title - noun
· an informal right to something; "his claim on her attentions"; "his title to fame"
11. title - verb
· give a title to
12. title - verb
· designate by an identifying term; "They styled their nation `The Confederate States'"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.