1. shear - verb
· cut with shears; "shear hedges"
2. shear - verb
· shear the wool from; "shear sheep"
3. shear - verb
· cut or cut through with shears; "shear the wool off the lamb"
4. shear - verb
· become deformed by forces tending to produce a shearing strain
5. sheared - adjective
· having the hair or wool cut or clipped off as if with shears or clippers; "picked up the baby's shorn curls from the floor"; "naked as a sheared sheep"
6. sheared - adjective
· (used especially of fur or wool) shaped or finished by cutting or trimming to a uniform length; "a coat of sheared lamb"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.