Dictionary Results for save|
1. save - noun
· (sports) the act of preventing the opposition from scoring; "the goalie made a brilliant save"; "the relief pitcher got credit for a save"
Hypernym(s): prevention, bar
2. save - verb
· save from ruin, destruction, or harm
Synonym(s): salvage, salve, relieve
Hypernym(s): rescue, deliver
3. save - verb
· to keep up and reserve for personal or special use; "She saved the old family photographs in a drawer"
Hypernym(s): keep, hold_on
4. save - verb
· bring into safety; "We pulled through most of the victims of the bomb attack"
Synonym(s): carry_through, pull_through, bring_through
5. save - verb
· spend less; buy at a reduced price
6. save - verb
· accumulate money for future use; "He saves half his salary"
Synonym(s): lay_aside, save_up
7. save - verb
· make unnecessary an expenditure or effort; "This will save money"; "I'll save you the trouble"; "This will save you a lot of time"
Hypernym(s): prevent, forestall, foreclose, preclude, forbid
8. save - verb
· save from sins
Synonym(s): deliver, redeem
9. save - verb
· refrain from harming
Hypernym(s): refrain, forbear
10. save - verb
· spend sparingly, avoid the waste of; "This move will save money"; "The less fortunate will have to economize now"
Synonym(s): economize, economise
Hypernym(s): spend, expend, drop
11. save - verb
· retain rights to; "keep my job for me while I give birth"; "keep my seat, please"; "keep open the possibility of a merger"
Synonym(s): keep_open, hold_open, keep
Hypernym(s): reserve, hold, book
12. save - verb
· record data on a computer; "boot-up instructions are written on the hard disk"
Hypernym(s): record, tape
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.