Dictionary Results for puddle|
1. puddle - noun
· a mixture of wet clay and sand that can be used to line a pond and that is impervious to water when dry
2. puddle - noun
· a small body of standing water (rainwater) or other liquid; "there were puddles of muddy water in the road after the rain"; "the body lay in a pool of blood"
Hypernym(s): body_of_water, water
3. puddle - noun
· something resembling a pool of liquid; "he stood in a pool of light"; "his chair sat in a puddle of books and magazines"
Hypernym(s): topographic_point, place, spot
4. puddle - verb
· wade or dabble in a puddle; "The ducks and geese puddled in the backyard"
5. puddle - verb
· subject to puddling or form by puddling; "puddle iron"
Hypernym(s): shape, form, work, mold, mould, forge
6. puddle - verb
· dip into mud before planting; "puddle young plants"
Hypernym(s): plant, set
7. puddle - verb
· work a wet mixture, such as concrete or mud
Hypernym(s): pack, bundle, wad, compact
8. puddle - verb
· mess around, as in a liquid or paste; "The children are having fun puddling in paint"
Hypernym(s): putter, mess_around, potter, tinker, monkey, monkey_around, muck_about, muck_around
9. puddle - verb
· make into a puddle; "puddled mire"
Hypernym(s): roil, rile
10. puddle - verb
· make a puddle by splashing water
Hypernym(s): spatter, splatter, plash, splash, splosh, swash
11. puddle - verb
· mix up or confuse; "He muddled the issues"
Synonym(s): addle, muddle
Hypernym(s): jumble, confuse, mix_up
12. puddle - verb
· eliminate urine; "Again, the cat had made on the expensive rug"
Synonym(s): make, urinate, piddle, micturate, piss, pee, pee-pee, make_water, relieve_oneself, take_a_leak, spend_a_penny, wee, wee-wee, pass_water
Hypernym(s): excrete, egest, eliminate, pass
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.