Dictionary Results for locking|
1. locking - noun
· the act of locking something up to protect it
2. lock - verb
· fasten with a lock; "lock the bike to the fence"
Hypernym(s): fasten, fix, secure
Antonym(s): unlock, unlock
3. lock - verb
· keep engaged; "engaged the gears"
Synonym(s): engage, mesh, operate
Hypernym(s): move, displace
4. lock - verb
· become rigid or immoveable; "The therapist noticed that the patient's knees tended to lock in this exercise"
5. lock - verb
· hold in a locking position; "He locked his hands around her neck"
Synonym(s): interlock, interlace
Hypernym(s): hold, take_hold
6. lock - verb
· become engaged or intermeshed with one another; "They were locked in embrace"
Hypernym(s): embrace, hug, bosom, squeeze
7. lock - verb
· hold fast (in a certain state); "He was locked in a laughing fit"
Hypernym(s): overwhelm, overpower, sweep_over, whelm, overcome, overtake
8. lock - verb
· place in a place where something cannot be removed or someone cannot escape; "The parents locked her daughter up for the weekend"; "She locked her jewels in the safe"
Synonym(s): lock_in, lock_away, put_away, shut_up, shut_away, lock_up
9. lock - verb
· pass by means through a lock in a waterway
10. lock - verb
· build locks in order to facilitate the navigation of vessels
Hypernym(s): construct, build, make
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.