1. jaw - noun
· the part of the skull of a vertebrate that frames the mouth and holds the teeth
2. jaw - noun
· the bones of the skull that frame the mouth and serve to open it; the bones that hold the teeth
3. jaw - noun
· holding device consisting of one or both of the opposing parts of a tool that close to hold an object
4. jaw - verb
· talk socially without exchanging too much information; "the men were sitting in the cafe and shooting the breeze"
5. jaw - verb
· talk incessantly and tiresomely
6. jaw - verb
· chew (food); to bite and grind with the teeth; "He jawed his bubble gum"; "Chew your food and don't swallow it!"; "The cows were masticating the grass"
7. jaw - verb
· censure severely or angrily; "The mother scolded the child for entering a stranger's car"; "The deputy ragged the Prime Minister"; "The customer dressed down the waiter for bringing cold soup"
Synonym(s): call_on_the_carpet, take_to_task, rebuke, rag, trounce, lecture, reprimand, dress_down, call_down, scold, chide, berate, bawl_out, remonstrate, chew_out, chew_up, have_words, lambaste, lambast
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.