Dictionary Results for flare|
1. flare - noun
· a shape that spreads outward; "the skirt had a wide flare"
Hypernym(s): shape, form
2. flare - noun
· a sudden burst of flame
Hypernym(s): fire, flame, flaming
3. flare - noun
· a burst of light used to communicate or illuminate
4. flare - noun
· reddening of the skin spreading outward from a focus of infection or irritation
5. flare - noun
· a sudden recurrence or worsening of symptoms; "a colitis flare"; "infection can cause a lupus flare"
6. flare - noun
· a sudden eruption of intense high-energy radiation from the sun's surface; associated with sunspots and radio interference
7. flare - noun
· am unwanted reflection in an optical system (or the fogging of an image that is caused by such a reflection)
Hypernym(s): reflection, reflexion
8. flare - noun
· a sudden outburst of emotion; "she felt a flare of delight"; "she could not control her flare of rage"
Hypernym(s): effusion, gush, outburst, blowup, ebullition
9. flare - noun
· a device that produces a bright light for warning or illumination or identification
10. flare - noun
· a short forward pass to a back who is running toward the sidelines; "he threw a flare to the fullback who was tackled for a loss"
Hypernym(s): forward_pass, aerial
11. flare - noun
· (baseball) a fly ball hit a short distance into the outfield
Hypernym(s): fly, fly_ball
12. flare - verb
· burn brightly; "Every star seemed to flare with new intensity"
Synonym(s): flame_up, blaze_up, burn_up
Hypernym(s): burn, combust
13. flare - verb
· become flared and widen, usually at one end; "The bellbottom pants flare out"
14. flare - verb
· shine with a sudden light; "The night sky flared with the massive bombardment"
Hypernym(s): shine, beam
15. flare - verb
· erupt or intensify suddenly; "Unrest erupted in the country"; "Tempers flared at the meeting"; "The crowd irrupted into a burst of patriotism"
Synonym(s): erupt, irrupt, flare_up, break_open, burst_out
Hypernym(s): intensify, deepen
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.