Dictionary Results for even|
1. even - noun
· the latter part of the day (the period of decreasing daylight from late afternoon until nightfall); "he enjoyed the evening light across the lake"
Synonym(s): evening, eve, eventide
Hypernym(s): day, daytime, daylight
2. even - verb
· make level or straight; "level the ground"
Synonym(s): flush, level, even_out
3. even - verb
· become even or more even; "even out the surface"
Hypernym(s): change, alter, modify
4. even - verb
· make even or more even
Hypernym(s): regularize, regularise
5. even - adjective
· divisible by two
6. even - adjective
· equal in degree or extent or amount; or equally matched or balanced; "even amounts of butter and sugar"; "on even terms"; "it was a fifty-fifty (or even) split"; "had a fifty-fifty (or even) chance"; "an even fight"
7. even - adjective
· being level or straight or regular and without variation as e.g. in shape or texture; or being in the same plane or at the same height as something else (i.e. even with); "an even application of varnish"; "an even floor"; "the road was not very even"; "the picture is even with the window"
8. even - adjective
· symmetrically arranged; "even features"; "regular features"; "a regular polygon"
9. even - adjective
· occurring at fixed intervals; "a regular beat"; "the even rhythm of his breathing"
10. even - adjective
· of the score in a contest; "the score is tied"
Synonym(s): tied, level
11. even - adverb
· used as an intensive especially to indicate something unexpected; "even an idiot knows that"; "declined even to consider the idea"; "I don't have even a dollar!"
12. even - adverb
· in spite of; notwithstanding; "even when he is sick, he works"; "even with his head start she caught up with him"
13. even - adverb
· to a greater degree or extent; used with comparisons; "looked sick and felt even worse"; "an even (or still) more interesting problem"; "still another problem must be solved"; "a yet sadder tale"
Synonym(s): yet, still
14. even - adverb
· to the full extent; "loyal even unto death"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.