Dictionary Results for empty|
1. empty - noun
· a container that has been emptied; "return all empties to the store"
2. empty - verb
· make void or empty of contents; "Empty the box"; "The alarm emptied the building"
Hypernym(s): change, alter, modify
3. empty - verb
· become empty or void of its content; "The room emptied"
Hypernym(s): change_state, turn
4. empty - verb
· leave behind empty; move out of; "You must vacate your office by tonight"
Synonym(s): vacate, abandon
Hypernym(s): leave, go_forth, go_away
5. empty - verb
· remove; "Empty the water"
Hypernym(s): remove, take, take_away, withdraw
6. empty - verb
· excrete or discharge from the body
Synonym(s): evacuate, void
Hypernym(s): excrete, egest, eliminate, pass
7. empty - adjective
· holding or containing nothing; "an empty glass"; "an empty room"; "full of empty seats"; "empty hours"
8. empty - adjective
· devoid of significance or force; "empty promises"; "a hollow victory"; "vacuous comments"
Synonym(s): hollow, vacuous
9. empty - adjective
· needing nourishment; "after skipped lunch the men were empty by suppertime"; "empty-bellied children"
10. empty - adjective
· emptied of emotion; "after the violent argument he felt empty"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.