1. abandon - noun
· the trait of lacking restraint or control; reckless freedom from inhibition or worry; "she danced with abandon"
2. abandon - noun
· a feeling of extreme emotional intensity; "the wildness of his anger"
3. abandon - verb
· forsake, leave behind; "We abandoned the old car in the empty parking lot"
4. abandon - verb
· give up with the intent of never claiming again; "Abandon your life to God"; "She gave up her children to her ex-husband when she moved to Tahiti"; "We gave the drowning victim up for dead"
5. abandon - verb
· leave behind empty; move out of; "You must vacate your office by tonight"
6. abandon - verb
· stop maintaining or insisting on; of ideas or claims; "He abandoned the thought of asking for her hand in marriage"; "Both sides have to give up some claims in these negotiations"
7. abandon - verb
· leave someone who needs or counts on you; leave in the lurch; "The mother deserted her children"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.