Dictionary Results for elevation|
1. elevation - noun
· the event of something being raised upward; "an elevation of the temperature in the afternoon"; "a raising of the land resulting from volcanic activity"
Synonym(s): lift, raising
Hypernym(s): rise, rising, ascent, ascension
2. elevation - noun
· the highest level or degree attainable; the highest stage of development; "his landscapes were deemed the acme of beauty"; "the artist's gifts are at their acme"; "at the height of her career"; "the peak of perfection"; "summer was at its peak"; "...catapulted Einstein to the pinnacle of fame"; "the summit of his ambition"; "so many highest superlatives achieved by man"; "at the top of his profession"
Synonym(s): acme, height, peak, pinnacle, summit, superlative, meridian, tiptop, top
Hypernym(s): degree, level, stage, point
3. elevation - noun
· angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object)
Synonym(s): EL, altitude, ALT
4. elevation - noun
· a raised or elevated geological formation
Hypernym(s): geological_formation, formation
5. elevation - noun
· distance of something above a reference point (such as sea level); "there was snow at the higher elevations"
6. elevation - noun
· (ballet) the height of a dancer's leap or jump; "a dancer of exceptional elevation"
7. elevation - noun
· drawing of an exterior of a structure
Hypernym(s): plan, architectural_plan
8. elevation - noun
· the act of increasing the wealth or prestige or power or scope of something; "the aggrandizement of the king"; "his elevation to cardinal"
Synonym(s): aggrandizement, aggrandisement
Hypernym(s): increase, step-up
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.