Dictionary Results for chains|
1. chains - noun
· metal shackles; for hands or legs
Hypernym(s): shackle, bond, hamper, trammel
2. chain - noun
· a series of things depending on each other as if linked together; "the chain of command"; "a complicated concatenation of circumstances"
3. chain - noun
· (chemistry) a series of linked atoms (generally in an organic molecule)
Hypernym(s): unit, building_block
4. chain - noun
· a series of (usually metal) rings or links fitted into one another to make a flexible ligament
5. chain - noun
· (business) a number of similar establishments (stores or restaurants or banks or hotels or theaters) under one ownership
Hypernym(s): business, concern, business_concern, business_organization, business_organisation
6. chain - noun
· anything that acts as a restraint
Hypernym(s): restraint, constraint
7. chain - noun
· a unit of length
Hypernym(s): linear_unit, linear_measure
8. chain - noun
· British biochemist (born in Germany) who isolated and purified penicillin, which had been discovered in 1928 by Sir Alexander Fleming (1906-1979)
Synonym(s): Chain, Ernst_Boris_Chain, Sir_Ernst_Boris_Chain
9. chain - noun
· a series of hills or mountains; "the valley was between two ranges of hills"; "the plains lay just beyond the mountain range"
Synonym(s): range, mountain_range, range_of_mountains, mountain_chain, chain_of_mountains
Hypernym(s): geological_formation, formation
10. chain - noun
· a linked or connected series of objects; "a chain of daisies"
11. chain - noun
· a necklace made by stringing objects together; "a string of beads"; "a strand of pearls"
Synonym(s): string, strand
12. chain - verb
· connect or arrange into a chain by linking
Hypernym(s): arrange, set_up
13. chain - verb
· fasten or secure with chains; "Chain the chairs together"
Hypernym(s): fasten, fix, secure
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.