Dictionary Results for cards|
1. cards - noun
· a game played with playing cards
2. card - noun
· one of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes; "he collected cards and traded them with the other boys"
3. card - noun
· a card certifying the identity of the bearer; "he had to show his card to get in"
4. card - noun
· a rectangular piece of stiff paper used to send messages (may have printed greetings or pictures); "they sent us a card from Miami"
5. card - noun
· thin cardboard, usually rectangular
Hypernym(s): cardboard, composition_board
6. card - noun
· a witty amusing person who makes jokes
Synonym(s): wag, wit
Hypernym(s): humorist, humourist
7. card - noun
· a sign posted in a public place as an advertisement; "a poster advertised the coming attractions"
Synonym(s): poster, posting, placard, notice, bill
8. card - noun
· a printed or written greeting that is left to indicate that you have visited
Synonym(s): calling_card, visiting_card
Hypernym(s): greeting, salutation
9. card - noun
· (golf) a record of scores (as in golf); "you have to turn in your card to get a handicap"
Hypernym(s): record, record_book, book
10. card - noun
· a list of dishes available at a restaurant; "the menu was in French"
Synonym(s): menu, bill_of_fare, carte_du_jour, carte
11. card - noun
· (baseball) a list of batters in the order in which they will bat; "the managers presented their cards to the umpire at home plate"
Synonym(s): batting_order, lineup
Hypernym(s): roll, roster
12. card - noun
· a printed circuit that can be inserted into expansion slots in a computer to increase the computer's capabilities
Synonym(s): circuit_board, circuit_card, board, plug-in, add-in
13. card - verb
· separate the fibers of; "tease wool"
14. card - verb
· ask someone for identification to determine whether he or she is old enough to consume liquor; "I was carded when I tried to buy a beer!"
Hypernym(s): see, check, insure, see_to_it, ensure, control, ascertain, assure
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.