Dictionary Results for posting|
1. posting - noun
· a sign posted in a public place as an advertisement; "a poster advertised the coming attractions"
Synonym(s): poster, placard, notice, bill, card
2. posting - noun
· (bookkeeping) a listing on the company's records; "the posting was made in the cash account"
Hypernym(s): list, listing
3. posting - noun
· the transmission of a letter; "the postmark indicates the time of mailing"
Hypernym(s): transmission, transmittal, transmitting
4. post - verb
· affix in a public place or for public notice; "post a warning"
Hypernym(s): affix, stick_on
5. post - verb
· publicize with, or as if with, a poster; "I'll post the news on the bulletin board"
Hypernym(s): announce, denote
6. post - verb
· assign to a post; put into a post; "The newspaper posted him in Timbuktu"
Hypernym(s): delegate, designate, depute, assign
7. post - verb
· assign to a station
Synonym(s): station, send, place
Hypernym(s): move, displace
8. post - verb
· display, as of records in sports games
Hypernym(s): record, enter, put_down
9. post - verb
· enter on a public list
10. post - verb
· transfer (entries) from one account book to another
11. post - verb
· ride Western style and bob up and down in the saddle in rhythm with a horse's trotting gait
12. post - verb
· mark with a stake; "stake out the path"
13. post - verb
· place so as to be noticed; "post a sign"; "post a warning at the dump"
Hypernym(s): install, instal, put_in, set_up
14. post - verb
· cause to be directed or transmitted to another place; "send me your latest results"; "I'll mail you the paper when it's written"
Synonym(s): mail, send
15. post - verb
· mark or expose as infamous; "She was branded a loose woman"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.