Dictionary Results for being|
1. being - noun
· the state or fact of existing; "a point of view gradually coming into being"; "laws in existence for centuries"; "he appeared on the face of the earth one day"
Synonym(s): beingness, existence, face_of_the_earth
2. being - noun
· a living thing that has (or can develop) the ability to act or function independently
Hypernym(s): living_thing, animate_thing
3. be - verb
· have the quality of being; (copula, used with an adjective or a predicate noun); "John is rich"; "This is not a good answer"
4. be - verb
· be identical to; be someone or something; "The president of the company is John Smith"; "This is my house"
5. be - verb
· occupy a certain position or area; be somewhere; "Where is my umbrella?"; "The toolshed is in the back"; "What is behind this behavior?"
6. be - verb
· have an existence, be extant; "Is there a God?"
7. be - verb
· happen, occur, take place; "I lost my wallet; this was during the visit to my parents' house"; "There were two hundred people at his funeral"; "There was a lot of noise in the kitchen"
8. be - verb
· be identical or equivalent to; "One dollar equals 1,000 rubles these days!"
9. be - verb
· form or compose; "This money is my only income"; "The stone wall was the backdrop for the performance"; "These constitute my entire belonging"; "The children made up the chorus"; "This sum represents my entire income for a year"; "These few men comprise his entire army"
Synonym(s): constitute, represent, make_up, comprise
10. be - verb
· work in a specific place, with a specific subject, or in a specific function; "He is a herpetologist"; "She is our resident philosopher"
11. be - verb
· represent, as of a character on stage; "Derek Jacobi was Hamlet"
Synonym(s): embody, personify
Hypernym(s): typify, symbolize, symbolise, stand_for, represent
12. be - verb
· spend or use time; "I may be an hour"
Hypernym(s): take, occupy, use_up
13. be - verb
· have life, be alive; "Our great leader is no more"; "My grandfather lived until the end of war"
14. be - verb
· to remain unmolested, undisturbed, or uninterrupted -- used only in infinitive form; "let her be"
Hypernym(s): stay, remain, rest
15. be - verb
· be priced at; "These shoes cost $100"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.