1. background - noun
· a person's social heritage: previous experience or training; "he is a lawyer with a sports background"
2. background - noun
· the part of a scene (or picture) that lies behind objects in the foreground; "he posed her against a background of rolling hills"
3. background - noun
· information that is essential to understanding a situation or problem; "the embassy filled him in on the background of the incident"
4. background - noun
· extraneous signals that can be confused with the phenomenon to be observed or measured; "they got a bad connection and could hardly hear one another over the background signals"
5. background - noun
· relatively unimportant or inconspicuous accompanying situation; "when the rain came he could hear the sound of thunder in the background"
6. background - noun
· the state of the environment in which a situation exists; "you can't do that in a university setting"
7. background - noun
· (computer science) the area of the screen in graphical user interfaces against which icons and windows appear
8. background - noun
· scenery hung at back of stage
9. background - verb
· understate the importance or quality of; "he played down his royal ancestry"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.