1. appeal - verb
· take a court case to a higher court for review; "He was found guilty but appealed immediately"
2. appeal - verb
· request earnestly (something from somebody); ask for aid or protection; "appeal to somebody for help"; "Invoke God in times of trouble"
3. appeal - verb
· be attractive to; "The idea of a vacation appeals to me"; "The beautiful garden attracted many people"
4. appeal - verb
· challenge (a decision); "She appealed the verdict"
5. appeal - verb
· cite as an authority; resort to; "He invoked the law that would save him"; "I appealed to the law of 1900"; "She invoked an ancient law"
6. appealing - adjective
· able to attract interest or draw favorable attention; "He added an appealing and memorable figure to popular American mythology"- Vincent Starrett; "an appealing sense of humor"; "the idea of having enough money to retire at fifty is very appealing"
7. appealing - adjective
· (of characters in literature or drama) evoking empathic or sympathetic feelings; "the sympathetic characters in the play"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.