Dictionary Results for accounting|
1. accounting - noun
· a convincing explanation that reveals basic causes; "he was unable to give a clear accounting for his actions"
Hypernym(s): explanation, account
2. accounting - noun
· a system that provides quantitative information about finances
Hypernym(s): system, system_of_rules
3. accounting - noun
· the occupation of maintaining and auditing records and preparing financial reports for a business
Hypernym(s): occupation, business, job, line_of_work, line
4. accounting - noun
· a bookkeeper's chronological list of related debits and credits of a business; forms part of a ledger of accounts
Synonym(s): accounting_system, method_of_accounting
5. accounting - noun
· a statement of recent transactions and the resulting balance; "they send me an accounting every month"
Synonym(s): account, account_statement
Hypernym(s): statement, financial_statement
6. account - verb
· be the sole or primary factor in the existence, acquisition, supply, or disposal of something; "Passing grades account for half of the grades given in this exam"
7. account - verb
· keep an account of
8. account - verb
· to give an account or representation of in words; "Discreet Italian police described it in a manner typically continental"
Synonym(s): report, describe
9. account - verb
· furnish a justifying analysis or explanation; "I can't account for the missing money"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.