Dictionary Results for register|
1. register - noun
· an official written record of names or events or transactions
Hypernym(s): written_record, written_account
2. register - noun
· (music) the timbre that is characteristic of a certain range and manner of production of the human voice or of different pipe organ stops or of different musical instruments
Hypernym(s): timbre, timber, quality, tone
3. register - noun
· a book in which names and transactions are listed
4. register - noun
· (computer science) memory device that is the part of computer memory that has a specific address and that is used to hold information of a specific kind
Hypernym(s): memory_device, storage_device
5. register - noun
· an air passage (usually in the floor or a wall of a room) for admitting or excluding heated air from the room
Hypernym(s): air_passage, air_duct, airway
6. register - noun
· a regulator (as a sliding plate) for regulating the flow of air into a furnace or other heating device
7. register - noun
· a cashbox with an adding machine to register transactions; used in shops to add up the bill
Hypernym(s): cashbox, money_box, till
8. register - verb
· record in writing; enter into a book of names or events or transactions
Hypernym(s): record, enter, put_down
9. register - verb
· record in a public office or in a court of law; "file for divorce"; "file a complaint"
10. register - verb
· enroll to vote; "register for an election"
Hypernym(s): enroll, inscribe, enter, enrol, recruit
11. register - verb
· be aware of; "Did you register any change when I pressed the button?"
12. register - verb
· indicate a certain reading; of gauges and instruments; "The thermometer showed thirteen degrees below zero"; "The gauge read `empty'"
Synonym(s): read, show, record
13. register - verb
· have one's name listed as a candidate for several parties
Hypernym(s): campaign, run
14. register - verb
· show in one's face; "Her surprise did not register"
Hypernym(s): show, show_up
15. register - verb
· manipulate the registers of an organ
16. register - verb
· send by registered mail; "I'd like to register this letter"
Hypernym(s): mail, post, send
17. register - verb
· enter into someone's consciousness; "Did this event register in your parents' minds?"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.