Dictionary Results for Lodge|
1. Lodge - noun
· English physicist who studied electromagnetic radiation and was a pioneer of radiotelegraphy (1851-1940)
Synonym(s): Sir_Oliver_Lodge, Sir_Oliver_Joseph_Lodge
2. Lodge - noun
· a formal association of people with similar interests; "he joined a golf club"; "they formed a small lunch society"; "men from the fraternal order will staff the soup kitchen today"
Synonym(s): club, social_club, society, guild, gild, lodge, order
3. Lodge - noun
· small house at the entrance to the grounds of a country mansion; usually occupied by a gatekeeper or gardener
4. Lodge - noun
· a small (rustic) house used as a temporary shelter
Synonym(s): lodge, hunting_lodge
5. Lodge - noun
· any of various Native American dwellings
Synonym(s): lodge, indian_lodge
Hypernym(s): dwelling, home, domicile, abode, habitation, dwelling_house
6. Lodge - noun
· a hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers
Synonym(s): hostel, hostelry, inn, lodge, auberge
7. Lodge - verb
· be a lodger; stay temporarily; "Where are you lodging in Paris?"
Hypernym(s): populate, dwell, live, inhabit
8. Lodge - verb
· put, fix, force, or implant; "lodge a bullet in the table"; "stick your thumb in the crack"
Synonym(s): lodge, wedge, stick, deposit
Hypernym(s): fasten, fix, secure
9. Lodge - verb
· file a formal charge against; "The suspect was charged with murdering his wife"
Synonym(s): charge, lodge, file
Hypernym(s): accuse, impeach, incriminate, criminate
10. Lodge - verb
· provide housing for; "We are lodging three foreign students this semester"
Synonym(s): lodge, accommodate
Hypernym(s): house, put_up, domiciliate
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.