1. tonic - noun
· lime- or lemon-flavored carbonated water containing quinine
2. tonic - noun
· a sweet drink containing carbonated water and flavoring; "in New England they call sodas tonics"
3. tonic - noun
· (music) the first note of a diatonic scale
4. tonic - noun
· a medicine that strengthens and invigorates
5. tonic - adjective
· of or relating to or producing normal tone or tonus in muscles or tissue; "a tonic reflex"; "tonic muscle contraction"
6. tonic - adjective
· employing variations in pitch to distinguish meanings of otherwise similar words; "Chinese is a tonal language"
7. tonic - adjective
· (used of syllables) bearing the principle stress, usually accompanied by a change in pitch; "a tonic syllables carries the main stress in a word"
8. tonic - adjective
· relating to or being the keynote of a major or minor scale; "tonic harmony"
9. tonic - adjective
· imparting vitality and energy; "the bracing mountain air"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.