1. scan - noun
· the act of scanning; systematic examination of a prescribed region; "he made a thorough scan of the beach with his binoculars"
2. scan - noun
· an image produced by scanning; "he analyzed the brain scan"; "you could see the tumor in the CAT scan"
3. scan - verb
· examine minutely or intensely; "the surgeon scanned the X-ray"
4. scan - verb
· examine hastily; "She scanned the newspaper headlines while waiting for the taxi"
5. scan - verb
· make a wide, sweeping search of; "The beams scanned the night sky"
6. scan - verb
· conform to a metrical pattern
7. scan - verb
· move a light beam over; in electronics, to reproduce an image
8. scan - verb
· read metrically; "scan verses"
9. scan - verb
· obtain data from magnetic tapes or other digital sources; "This dictionary can be read by the computer"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.