1. pressure - noun
· the force applied to a unit area of surface; measured in pascals (SI unit) or in dynes (cgs unit); "the compressed gas exerts an increased pressure"
2. pressure - noun
· a force that compels; "the public brought pressure to bear on the government"
3. pressure - noun
· the act of pressing; the exertion of pressure; "he gave the button a press"; "he used pressure to stop the bleeding"; "at the pressing of a button"
4. pressure - noun
· the state of demanding notice or attention; "the insistence of their hunger"; "the press of business matters"
5. pressure - noun
· the somatic sensation that results from applying force to an area of skin; "the sensitivity of his skin to pressure and temperature was normal"
6. pressure - noun
· an oppressive condition of physical or mental or social or economic distress
7. pressure - noun
· the pressure exerted by the atmosphere
8. pressure - verb
· to cause to do through pressure or necessity, by physical, moral or intellectual means; "She forced him to take a job in the city"; "He squeezed her for information"
9. pressure - verb
· exert pressure on someone through threats
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.