1. pressing - noun
· the act of pressing; the exertion of pressure; "he gave the button a press"; "he used pressure to stop the bleeding"; "at the pressing of a button"
2. pressing - noun
· a metal or plastic part that is made by a mechanical press
3. press - verb
· exert pressure or force to or upon; "He pressed down on the boards"; "press your thumb on this spot"
4. press - verb
· force or impel in an indicated direction; "I urged him to finish his studies"
5. press - verb
· to be oppressive or burdensome; "weigh heavily on the mind"; "Something pressed on his mind"
6. press - verb
· place between two surfaces and apply weight or pressure; "pressed flowers"
7. press - verb
· squeeze or press together; "she compressed her lips"; "the spasm contracted the muscle"
8. press - verb
· crowd closely; "The crowds pressed along the street"
9. press - verb
· create by pressing; "Press little holes into the soft clay"
10. press - verb
· be urgent; "This is a pressing problem"
11. press - verb
· exert oneself continuously, vigorously, or obtrusively to gain an end or engage in a crusade for a certain cause or person; be an advocate for; "The liberal party pushed for reforms"; "She is crusading for women's rights"; "The Dean is pushing for his favorite candidate"
12. press - verb
· press from a plastic; "press a record"
13. press - verb
· make strenuous pushing movements during birth to expel the baby; "`Now push hard,' said the doctor to the woman"
14. press - verb
· press and smooth with a heated iron; "press your shirts"; "she stood there ironing"
15. press - verb
· lift weights; "This guy can press 300 pounds"
16. press - verb
· ask for or request earnestly; "The prophet bid all people to become good persons"
17. pressing - adjective
· compelling immediate action; "too pressing to permit of longer delay"; "the urgent words `Hurry! Hurry!'"; "bridges in urgent need of repair"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.